Order Tami’s Book
Essential Strategies for the Dementia Caregiver offers a fresh and practical approach to the challenges faced by wives, husbands, and adult children who care for loved ones with dementia. Using the 4 Ds of Dementia Care – detach, document, diffuse, distract – caregivers can find solutions for behaviors ranging from shadowing to wandering to medication refusal. The PACE paradigm emphasizes the importance of prioritizing the caregiver’s well-being while navigating the dementia journey:
P = Permission for Trial and Error
A = Acknowledge Their Reality
C = Compassionate Care
E = Empower Yourself
Ordering 10 books or more books for your community, facility, or organization? Get a quantity discount here.
Dementia Support from Tami Anastasia
You are not alone. Tami Anastasia provides a variety of services to people whose lives have been touched by dementia. She delivers support and training to those who have been recently diagnosed, caregivers who are looking for guidance, struggling or in crisis, and professionals who encounter dementia-related behavioral, communication, and family issues.
Tami is a dementia and Alzheimer’s consultant, educator, and author with over 25 years of experience in the health and wellness field. She will provide the support, guidance, and expertise you need to ease your journey. Tami’s proven tools and personalized strategies equip you for every stage of the dementia journey, no matter how difficult or challenging.
- Are you a caregiver dealing with the changes dementia causes? Tami can provide you with the emotional support and care strategies you need.
- Are you newly diagnosed and in the early stages of dementia? Work with Tami to process this life-altering diagnosis.
- Are you a caregiver in crisis due to your loved one’s difficult behavior or recent hospitalization? Tami can provide tools and solutions.
- Are you struggling with feelings of sadness and grief while caring for your loved one? Tami’s deep understanding of ambiguous loss and anticipatory grief will help you cope and prepare for the future.
Tami is a compassionate counselor who understands your frustrations and concerns.
- Held via Zoom, Tami’s support groups provide a safe and compassionate environment to share your experiences, discover helpful tools, and connect with other caregivers.
- Dementia caregiver support groups provide guidance for spouses, partners, adult children, friends, and relatives of loved ones with dementia.
- Coming in April: Long COVID support groups will provide actionable tools and strategies to those with brain fog and chronic fatigue.
- Coming in June: Early-stage dementia support groups will assist those grappling with a dementia diagnosis plan for the future.
Tami’s online support groups empower you to handle the challenges you face.
- Available for Northern California clients living in the following counties: Santa Clara, San Benito, San Mateo, Monterey, and Santa Cruz.
- Tami develops a connection with your loved one living with dementia who resides at home or in a care community.
- Tami creates cognitive and physical stimulation activities tailored to your loved one’s interests and needs. These activities are designed to keep your loved one physically, emotionally, and cognitively engaged.
- Tami visits your home to provide counseling, whether you're living with dementia or are a dementia caregiver.
Tami provides your loved one with a sense of purpose and value.
What We’re Hearing…
In August 2015, I found myself in a position of having to care for both of my parents with dementia. I didn’t know anything about the disease and I felt helpless and hopeless. After attending Tami’s support groups and working with her privately, things got much better. Meeting Tami has been one of the greatest blessings in my life. Tami has a way of knowing the right answer for any problem. Her advice and connections have helped me in many ways. She is uplifting and encouraging. I honestly don’t know how I would have made it through these very difficult years of my life without her in it.
I found Tami, thankfully, as I was starting to feel overwhelmed with a mom who was showing signs of dementia. No one should go through this experience without having solid support. Tami is an expert on dementia/Alzheimer’s, and is available for major and minor emotional ups and downs. She has helped me tremendously with her knowledge and helpful suggestions. After a couple of years, I have adapted with more humor, kindness and compassion because of this relationship/team I have found with Tami. I will forever be thankful.
I have had the pleasure of working with Tami professionally and knowing her personally for several years. I readily recommend her services because I know first hand the levels of compassion, caring, warmth and professional expertise she brings to her clients. The feedback I have received after referring Tami is consistently positive. On a personal note, Tami’s expertise helps me be a better resource to others in the elder care world. To sum it up: Lives are improved when Tami touches them.
I have been fortunate enough to have attended Tami Anastasia’s support group for dementia caregivers for 4+ years. I don’t know what I would have done without Tami’s expert advice, support and compassion. Tami is truly an angel in my eyes, and I would encourage any caregiver that needs help and/or guidance to get in touch with her. With Tami, I never felt like I was in this alone. She is the best and I’m very thankful for her.
I have observed Tami’s professionalism, her integrity, her expertise, and her compassion for others, particularly for families of those living with dementia. She gives her ‘all’ to everything she does. She is enthusiastic, positive, effective, and determined to help others in any way possible. I know that Tami is highly respected in the elder care field as an expert in the care of people living with dementia. It is a pleasure to work with Tami, and I highly recommend her to any client in need, as well as elder care professionals striving for the excellence she provides.
Schedule a consultation with Tami today
Connect with Tami
Get information, guidance, and support delivered to your inbox each month.