Tami discusses her book with Valerie VanBooven from the Senior Care Network.
Essential Strategies for the Dementia Caregiver: Learning to PACE Yourself
By Tami Anastasia, MA
A caregiver’s roadmap that delivers deep insights and practical solutions
Essential Strategies for the Dementia Caregiver offers a fresh and practical approach to the challenges faced by wives, husbands, and adult children who care for loved ones with dementia. Using the 4 Ds of Dementia Care – detach, document, diffuse, distract – caregivers can find solutions for behaviors ranging from shadowing to wandering to medication refusal. The PACE paradigm emphasizes the importance of prioritizing the caregiver’s well-being while navigating the dementia journey:
Tami Anastasia shares her deep experience in caregiver education and counseling to inform and reassure caregivers in this straightforward handbook.
Tami Anastasia, MA is a dementia consultant, educator, and speaker. For more than 30 years, she has provided counseling services, dementia guidance, emotional support, and care strategies to family and professional dementia caregivers. Tami is a sought-after speaker for professional conferences, universities, memory care communities, and public health organizations.
Ordering more than 10 books for your community, facility, or organization? Inquire about a quantity discount here.
Reviews for Essential Strategies for the Dementia Caregiver
Essential Strategies for the Dementia Caregiver will make dementia caregivers feel heard and understood. Infused with compassion and chock-full of advice, Anastasia’s book reassures caregivers that they are not alone, that taking care of themselves is as important as taking care of their loved ones, and that they are appreciated.
This is the book every caregiver should have within arm’s reach. Anastasia’s down-to-earth, practical advice provides the support and strategies dementia caregivers need.
Essential Strategies for the Dementia Caregiver is proof that Tami Anastasia is willing to have the hard conversations. Drawing on her decades of experience as a dementia counselor and consultant, Anastasia tackles everything from taking away driving privileges to caregiver resentment. This book provides the roadmap every caregiver needs.
Essential Strategies for the Dementia Caregiver is the one book every dementia caregiver needs. Its straightforward approach provides practical solutions to common challenges, while also addressing the nuances of family dynamics, loss, and love.
At last! Essential Strategies for the Dementia Caregiver provides a game plan for each challenging dementia behavior. Anastasia’s easy-to-follow formula is a gamechanger for dementia caregivers.
Tami Anastasia’s PACE framework – permission, acknowledgment, compassion, empowerment – gives caregivers permission to be human. Anastasia’s own compassion shines through as she delivers advice and action plans designed to ease the caregiver’s burden.
Tami Anastasia comes to the rescue of stressed out and burned out caregivers. Essential Strategies for the Dementia Caregiver encourages caregivers to feel their feelings, find workarounds through trial and error, and discover both the joy and sorrow in the caregiving journey.
- Are you a caregiver dealing with the changes dementia causes? Tami can provide you with the emotional support and care strategies you need.
- Are you newly diagnosed and in the early stages of dementia? Work with Tami to process this life-altering diagnosis.
- Are you a caregiver in crisis due to your loved one’s difficult behavior or recent hospitalization? Tami can provide tools and solutions.
- Are you struggling with feelings of sadness and grief while caring for your loved one? Tami’s deep understanding of ambiguous loss and anticipatory grief will help you cope and prepare for the future.
Tami is a compassionate counselor who understands your frustrations and concerns.
- Held via Zoom, Tami’s support groups provide a safe and compassionate environment to share your experiences, discover helpful tools, and connect with other caregivers.
- Dementia caregiver support groups provide guidance for spouses, partners, adult children, friends, and relatives of loved ones with dementia.
- Coming in September: Early-stage dementia support groups will assist those grappling with a dementia diagnosis plan for the future.
Tami’s online support groups empower you to handle the challenges you face.
- Available for Northern California clients living in the following counties: Santa Clara, San Benito, San Mateo, Monterey, and Santa Cruz.
- Tami develops a connection with your loved one living with dementia who resides at home or in a care community.
- Tami creates cognitive and physical stimulation activities tailored to your loved one’s interests and needs. These activities are designed to keep your loved one physically, emotionally, and cognitively engaged.
- Tami visits your home to provide counseling, whether you're living with dementia or are a dementia caregiver.
Tami provides your loved one with a sense of purpose and value.
Connect with Tami
Get information, guidance, and support delivered to your inbox each month.