If you’re caring for your loved one with FTD, chances are good that you need frontotemporal dementia caregiver support. Here are messages you need to remember:
- YOU are just as important as your loved one.
- Thank you for ALL of your LOVE, SUPPORT and CARE.
- The goal is surviving the Alzheimer’s and Dementia journey without it being at the expense of your physical, mental and emotional well-being.
- Conserve your energy and P A.C.E. Yourself!
- Repeat after me: “The disease is causing your loved one to behave this way” which means you’re not at fault or to blame and neither is your loved one.
- Sometimes doing what is best for your loved one is doing what is best for you.
- Give yourself permission to trial and error – often figuring out what works is by figuring out what doesn’t work.
- You are doing the best you can under the circumstances.
- May the Universe bless all your devotion and compassion each and every day.
- Create a support network – know your limitations and ask for help when you need it.
If you need dementia caregiver support, please join my dementia support group or schedule your FREE 15-minute consultation.
Connect with Tami
Get information, guidance, and support delivered to your inbox each month.